In the name of Allah, the Rehman, the Raheem, the Lucrative and the Beneficent
THE GRAND TRIBAL AUTHORITY OF HUNZA
Concept Paper Condensed
Zeenat Shah Noor-us-Sahar Hunzai
Member, HIRD, Namdar Regional Council Gilgit.
Phone #: 0344-5383384
Reconstructing the tribal character and spirit and waiting for its miraculous results.
Recalling the dormant tribal spirit and revitalizing the aristocratic character of Hunza, that is the essence of our moral integrity, social supremacy and economic sovereignty, decentralization of powers and authority to get emancipated from the present ongoing traumatized condition and cowardice. Calling on the old spirits to repair our maimed, shattered morale and blackened character.
A rationale in the historical evidences
It is on the record of the history that as a potent and powerful bond, the traditional Arbitration and Reconciliation system, justice system and the nexus of the tribal management forms and manifestations of Hunza had played a vital role to glue the masses together into an ethnic entity with full honor and dignity for centuries, despite the most unfriendly and harsh socio-economic conditions and hostile natural phenomenon and simultaneously developing a highly integrated crime and stress free ideal society with the ultimate social harmony. It also had contributed to give Hunza a prominent status and unique character among the contemporary cross states of the region but also a Cinderella like mythological fame in the western world. So se have stepped forward to retest an old remedy to cure the wounds of the modern era, by indoctrinating with this traditional rich heritage of ours, with a firm belief that it will help to retrieve our past glory and pave way to renaissance.
Our Imam, also commends our traditional heritage in all its forms and manifestations. And Karim Abad old fort is such a form of our built heritage, that is the living testimony of the applaud of Imam of the Time.
One should hear in mind, that this Special Body will not be challenging and repudiating one form any aspect for the existence and authority of the pre-existing Jamati Institutions, but its status will be that of a stake holder, facilitator, collaborator, energizer, booster, promoter and catalyst of programmes of Jamati Institutions.
IT IS THE CLASH OF CIVILIZATIONS, IN WORDS OF PRESIDENT BUSH, THAT IS THE ROOT CAUSE AND FUNDAMENTAL AND PRINCIPLE REASON,WHY THERE IS A BROADENED DICHOTOMY BETWEEN THE PEOPLE OF SOUTH AND BADAKSHANIES OF NORTH?
The Theme for Development
Why another Institution is indispensable despite pre existing Institutions?
There are a number of genuine reasons and a concrete ground on which the formation of such a body is justified.
It is irrefutable fact that despite the presence of numerous Institutions, our people are suffering from a massive National Crisis to an alarming extent in political terms. The loss of our former glory is supplemented by an Identity Crisis. In the evidence of our ever-prevailing awful plight and dithering situation followed by the worst moral fall, total financial collapse, economic recession, educational decline, ever rapid developing frustration among youth and social chaos, many questions arise!
Here are some of the fundamental questions that rankle in the minds of our public:
Why did we become a virtual victim of this on going Crisis? What went wrong?
And why should we suffer despite provision of the services of such integrated system of social institutions and presence of an Omni-potent, Omni-present and Ever Living guidance system?
Why is a dynamic community experiencing a total inertia in terms of political lapse?
How was berserk and recalcitrant martial race so easily tamed rather to the extent of submission?
Are the Institutions exonerated from desultory function and botched actions?
Did we make a fiasco somewhere while experiencing a turbulent transitional phase?
Who will be blamed for committing a blunder?
Is our Faith too languished to follow the precious sayings and directions of our Imam?
Is our collective moral fall, the principal cause of this intimidating current crisis?
Are the Institutions a Sacred Cow and they are too much sacrosanct that no body can delineate any weaker point in their performance or otherwise it is a taboo?
Are the institutions functioning in a transcendental way and they need no any sort of intellectual inputs for the sake of reforms?
Are the Institutional Policies framed up in the South are consonant enough to apply in the matters of North in its typical social context and political scenario?
But to make a proper advocacy of such an institution, we should try to visualize the future role of Hunza i.
As regards the future role of Hunza, it must give a model of true Islamic ideals. As the inhabitants of Hunza, we should focus our attention on purifying our personal character, hence our refined character will give us an opportunity to transform Hunza into a Utopia of the world on one hand and the other hand it will enable us to play a role on international level. So character wise we have to prove our efficiency on merit as our role in accordance with His vision, we have to determine our future role as disciplines of an ever-living Guide. If once we realize that how fragile the task is and how delicate our responsibilities are? Then we would be able to play our due role effectively and efficiently.
How Future Hunza Shoud look like?
Future Hunza should be a: Crime free, Violence Free, Drugs Free, Disease Free, Beggars Free, Hunger Free, Hatred Free, Lust Free, Economically prosperous, Politically organized, Morally refined, Socially decent and tranquilized, Emotionally wise, Amicably progressive, Cultural rich, Highly developed and the emcee of all constructive activities.
Future Vision of Hunza
From the aesthetic sense, we should visualize totally a different Hunza in future. In comparison to what it looks today. That should look like an Eden, an earthly Paradise a Shangrilla or a heaven on Earth, a real model and Utopia of modern times. In material sense, Hunza should give an impression of a spectrum of the multi dimensional progress, based on Pluralism. And ideologically it should be truly manifesting Altruism. Hunza should be pre engaged with all sorts of constructive activities. Some time there should be sporting events, sometimes Hunza should be seen hosting cultural seminars, educational conferences, trade exhibitions, cultural shows, variety programmes and manpower development work shops etc. From the development point of view, Hunza should look emulating any western town. And from moral side, it should be portraying the rich traditions of eastern hemisphere.
Over all, Hunza should be reflecting a true progressive Islamic Society. We can choose the legendary land of Hunza for a result oriented experiment, because it has very much potential for this. And it is the Holy intention of the Imam of the Time too. Therefore the over all development in Hunza should be based on comprehensive planning.
Keeping the ever rapidly diminishing land, the over all physical development projects in Hunza should be conditioned with the pre planning. And every inch of the land should be utilized in a utilitarian manner. Entire valley; should be replenishing with planned development, all basic civic amenities, like paved roads, link roads, water channels, drinking water supply systems, power supply systems, public and govt. buildings, academic institutions of all sorts, family health care systems, recreational spots, tourist spots and community centers etc.
In terms of the constructive activities, Hunza should take a lead from the rest of the communities of North. And we should find a matrix to make Hunza the paradigm of all virtues in terms of spiritual bliss as well as the temporal progress. And all contemporary communities should aptly replicate this prototype of progress.
In pursuance with the nostalgic role of Hunza in terms of all human virtues, like bravery, hospitality, honesty, simplicity, tolerance, love of mankind, hard work, respect of law of the state, cooperation and a lot more, once again we should repeat our past role in prospect of this modern era. Hunza is a globally known destination for a number of reasons. So this good impression should remain intransigent. So it is our collective and individual liability to keep a close eye like a watch dog on the nefarious activities of anti social elements, lest they could blacken\ tarnish the colorful picture of Hunza to meet their political ends, taking advantage of our sloppy role of reconnaissance.
The main objectives of the political Office (Institution)
As a potent helping hand, the institution will play its role parallel with Namdar Institutions without interfering in their domain. And will strive to achieve the following Objectives.
• To resolve the on going crisis andddress the issues pertinent th the status quo.
• To develop the manpower with social focus to political leadership.
• To creat harmony among our people thus paving a way to a national unity.
• To bridge the widening gaps and schism between the jamat and Jamati institutions by coherence for collective survival in today’s context.
• To extend all possible help to the Namdar Institutions as partner on need basis.
• To make advocacy in certain political matters as the representative institutions.
• To establish cordial relations with cross communities on the grounds of common interests and shared values, in the vision of our Imam. (Bridging) to making joint endeavours to achieve a sustainable development.
• To safe guard the national rights, privilages and interests on government level.
• To promote the cultural and social heritage and moral values and traditions and take precautionary measures to save our rich heritage from being obsolete forever by the hands of alien cultural onslaughts.
• To harness all available means and mediums to unite our people on priority.
• To make a long term grand agenda of at least 30 to 50 years or so..
• To retrieve the past glory of Hunza in political terms by exploiting the traditional heritage of Arbitration and Reconciliation system of Hunza. As a potent and powerful bond our traditional Arbitrational and reconciliation system has played a vital role to glue and amalgamate the people together tor centuries, despite the most unfriendly and harsh social conditions and hostile phenomenon.
• To adapt new strategies to repair the past errors and fiasco, se made which have contributed to the present crisis.
Specification of some additional Mandatory role of the Office
• Playing role as a stake holder, partner and facilitator of Jamati Institutions.
• Development of political culture and leadership of high caliber.
• Creating general awareness among people.
• Integrating all the re-existing town management agencies under one grand parent body.
• Devising a grand future agenda, determining the priorities n modern prospective.
• Harnessing the potential by pooling up the intellect of the community.
• Advocacy for Jamati Institutions and the government.
• Coordination, liaison, without interfering in the personal affairs of the institutions.
• Making strategies and implementing the plans.
• Exploring the economic, educational, social, financial opportunities.
• Proper usage of land and other resources.
• Promoting the traditional built heritage in a modern architecture.
• Commercialize the local agriculture. By supplanting the conventional crops with cash crops. (proper storage system, proper marketing system, adopting a subtle mechanism to stabilizing the prices all year round).
• Exploring new markets.
• All sorts of commercial activities and ventures and providing advisory services. Monitoring entrepreneurs to diversify the business and trade by avoiding replications.
• Conducting comprehensive surveys to raise success rate in all economic development activities.
• Making skill development Programs and capacity Building Projects for our work force.
• Future planning.
• Bridging to Cross Communities via using various shared values and common interest.
• Indentifying issues and propose interventions.
How can we achieve the required objectives?
Initially a comprehensive survey under the direct supervision of the Namdar Institution will be conducted to collect the up date data about the potential manpower on Hunza level. Then in the evidence of this survey, all the potential individuals without the difference of sect and race be lime lighted. This will specify the out lines of this institution. In that first meeting, the visionaries of this concept will further express in full length the insignificance, utility and dire need in the context of ever rapidly changing geo-political global scenario and consistentlhy emerging other natural phenomenon. On this stage, these invitees will be convinced o extend their voluntary services in personal capacity in their perspective disciplines. To effectively disseminate the concept, handbills or small brochures can be distributed among the attendants of this meeting. It would be great if multi media facility can also be used for a boost-full take off.
The potential individuals will be enlisted as Portfolio Members and their specified skill will be also categorized before this very first meeting comes to an end. At a time a transit committee comprised with interested catalyst members will also be constituted to convening the administrational matters on the initial stage. This committee will be assigned the significant task to compose the constitution of the proposed body in the written form and will give the fundamental touches to this proposed body. This committee will submit constitution and its report with in a period of 10 weeks to the next General Body Meeting for the final approval. The administrational portfolio of the body will be given the final shape after much speculation and a good brainstorming session. Hereafter, the newly selected or elected members will take their responsibilities in their respective categorized disciplines.
Until and unless the fragile responsibilities are not assigned to right person in a right time in a systematic way in a volatile socio-political ambience, no national objectives or national triumph can be achieved.
THE ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE OF THE INSTITUTION
The structural organization of the proposed body will be composed with various organs. It will be integrated with various sub committees on village level. A supreme council will head it. The heads of these villages level committees will bet he members of the Supreme Council. The Supreme Council will be comprised with intellectuals of certain disciplines, like political scientists, visionaries, politicians (members of the district and N.A level councils), aristocrats, Rtd, military officers, educationist, Aala Numberdars, social activists, the influential elders of certain tribes and prominent elite of the society ho could contribute to this body.
The mandatory role of the Body will be diverged in to the following divisional offices.
The organic structure of the Institutions shall be comprised with the following components.
• The Think Tank. (Pool of Intellectuals/Visionaries Bench)
• The Crisis Management Unit. (Special Tasks Unit/Salvation Force).
• The Political Wing. (The House of People/Tanzeem-ul-Amal)
• The Cultural Board. (The traditional Music and Dance especially Religious one Sujo Maraka).
• Arbitration and Reconciliation House. (Koyochey Maraka/majlis Shura)
• Social Welfare Bureau.
• Manpower Development and Capacity Building Office.
• Economic Affairs Division.
• Education Advisory Commission.
• Religious Affairs Management.
• The Youth Wing.
• Women’s Affairs Cell.
• Special Service Squad. (SSS)
• The Environment Society.
PROPOSED MAN POWER DEVELOPMENT PLANS
To further developing the organizational setup the Body and proliferate its objectives, the manpower in the following diverse discipline will be produced.
• The Intellectual manpower. (Visionaries)
• The Political Leadership.
• The technical manpower.
• Business Tycoons.
• Legal and Political Advisors.
• Financial Advisories.
• Consultant of diverse fields.
• Technocrats. (Innovators).
• Tourism Promoters.
• Sportsmen of national and International level.
• Artists of various disciplines.
• The literary men.
• Highly learned Educationists.
• The seasoned Master Trainers.
• Barristers and Lawyers of International level.
• Specialist Doctors.
• Skilled Engineers.
• Genius Planners.
• Well informed Media related people.
• Foresighted Research associates.
• Commercial Foresters.